Saturday, January 15, 2011

More mittens...

This week I finished a pair of super cute mittens, if I do say so myself!
A friend asked me to make mittens for her 5 year old son, a friend and classmate of kidster #2. She wanted something that could go with his two winter coats, one blue and one brown. He asked for either Santa, reindeer, or a snowman. At first I thought about making these Cabled Snowman Mittens which I think are adorable (and will make for someone in the future!). While searching the Ravelry project pages, I came across these made by fellow raveler ironknitter and then I had my aha moment.
I am pretty proud of them and they even turned out just like I had imagined. They got thumbs up approval from both of my boys, and the look on Sam's face when he put them on was totally worth it. His mom approved too!

4 comments:

Heather at Mad Rose Creations said...

well how could anybody not love these sweet things. too cute! another winner.

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

I say so too ! Cute, cute, cute !!!

Ariel said...

LOVE THEM!!

Alexandra said...

Adorable!!! I love the snowmen! :)