Saturday, April 16, 2011

Little socks

Sock minis?
Sockinis?
Sock midgets?
Gee, I hope that wasn't politically incorrect or anything.

Whatever you want to call them, they are little socks.  From the Ballet School Dropout Sockettes pattern, I knit mine with a shorter heel and the regular (not cleavage) toe. 

I knit them specifically for these shoes.  I would prefer to wear them without socks, but they rub right at the inside of the ball of my foot.  So the socks are getting the job done as far a preventing blisters.

It has occurred to me that if I am going to make socks in the future, I need to stick with a solid or semi-solid color.  Trying to match up the stripes was just that, trying.  And having mismatched stripes?  My brain doesn't work that way.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Hello!
cute shoes! great idea making little socks :)

Julia said...

I love, love, LOVE these socks! I can already see a pair in neutral on my feet!

Z said...

I like these socks alot.

They look like slippers, or ones you can just lounge around the house in. Very nice!