Monday, February 28, 2011

In like a Blizzard, out like a Frog

This is how my February started. 

Full of high hopes and aspirations for some new winter wearables. I got my yarn and Knitpicks nickel plated interchangeables ready, and settled in for a long winter's knit.  (And since I don't have any other knitting pictures to show you, I thought this one would try to give a little life to this post.)

So if March comes in like a lion, how does February go out? 

Like a frog.

A frogged cardi. 
One or two button cardi's are going to accentuate my middle no matter how cute they look on the size 0 model.  And even though I plan to lose 10 pounds, I haven't lost it yet.

A frogged pullover, twice.
Even if everyone is making it, the bulky knit v-neck with the beautiful cable pattern in the center isn't all that flattering with negative ease.  Especially when I can't get gauge and have to make it one size two sizes bigger making the cable pattern, the highlight of the design, seemingly disappear.

March will be a return to the things I do best.  Small items finished in a relatively short amount of time.  I have some charity stuff to make, a cashmere (yes!) cowl to finish, and a second sock in teeny tiny sock yarn to start.  I will get some pictures up for you soon.  But for now I'm going wait for the April flowers to start blooming before I go and get all inspired again.

5 comments:

Alexandra said...

I'm so sorry you had to frog! Had you finished the sweater?

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Uh-oh. Believe me, as you were frogging there were hundreds of other knitters doing the same. As you contemplate losing your mere ten pounds, I myself am contemplating losing 18-20. -- I hope this comment made you smile.

Nina said...

Aw, crap. Frogging sucks. Oh, and I'd need to lose about forty pounds..

c'est moi! heather at whimsy dot blog said...

frogging? aw snap! i do believe it's a good time to work on the cashmere cowl. which sounds like a lovely, yummy, soft consolation prize for frogging.

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

I frogged a project the other day and it is the pits.((((Hugging You)))))Darcy