Saturday, January 2, 2010

Twins!

Scarves, that is.
I knew one of my Christmas gifts was a new coat from my mother (since I had picked it out, tried it on, and brought it back from Ohio with me a few weekends ago!).

I knew that I had a good yarn candidate in my stash. Boy, that doesn't happen too often! Once I started the pattern I was sure I had made the right decision. The various shades of gray (so my favorite color to wear, it seems) and the little pops of maroonish red in the Atacama knitted up into a really nice fabric.I also knew halfway through knitting the Mustard Scarf that I would be giving it away. Those pops of red kept reminding me of my Mother-In-Law's maroon leather jacket, and her struggle to find a nice neck warming accessory to match it.

It was finished the morning of Christmas Eve. I steam blocked it and attached the button just before we were leaving for our big Christmas Eve celebration at Hubster's parents' house. I gifted the scarf to a very thankful MIL then realized that I hadn't taken any photos!!!

What to do?

Make another. And I did. This one's all mine.
Sorry for the bathroom shots. It's the room with the best lighting!

4 comments:

Nina said...

Ooh, mee likey! I must go find the pattern for that scarf now. :)

Alexandra said...

Very pretty! :)

Happy New Year!

Heather at Mad Rose Creations said...

Oh my what a lovely scarf and it goes beautifully with your new coat. Great job!

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Very nice. I love the stitch ! Happy Holidays to you and your family !