Saturday, August 15, 2009

Keeping it even

Baby Sadie and her family came over for a pool day last week. For some reason I held back and didn't give her the giraffe I had finished for her. And I know why. I needed to make something for her 2-1/2 year old brother! He's a love of a boy, a little pint of peanuts, and gets along with my kidster #2 famously, even though he's at least half his size!

I decided to make the sleepy puppy pattern. A quick enough knit, even for me! I started per pattern, which is to knit flat and seam each piece, and quickly decided that I would go crazy trying to make it that way. I took the advice of other Ravelers and made the parts in the round. Which was fine except that still meant sewing all the parts together. Ugh. Not my idea of fun knitting. But it's a cute pattern and if I do it again I will make the body first, then pick up stitches for the various parts.

So here's my attempt to alleviate any sibling rivalry.


Feel free to give them some Ravelry love!

No comments: