Monday, February 9, 2009

Blog obsessed

I have been so obsessed with my blog lately that I can't seem to get anything else done. Forget starting the taxes. I haven't paid bills in at least a week. And don't even ask me about the state of my house (I have two young boys, so insert mental image here). I decided that I didn't like the Blogger template as is, so set out on a search for a new template. Well, forget about that! I would need another week just to hit all the sites, let alone preview all the templates I thought would work. Then I came across a blog from Liz, Knitting is my free Therapy, while on ravelry (another obsession of mine, but I'm sure I'll get into that later). She was talking about how she changed her regular Blogger template into three columns. I thought, "Yeah! That's what I need to do!". She was kind enough to send me the link to the instructions (which are here, if you want to know) and I worked on it. I like it well enough, but I'm not sure if I'll keep it. I think the real problem was the pale green background I had before. It made it seem like it had a nuclear reaction going on. Not the natural, easy-going feeling I was looking for. So I changed that and now it's ok. The real thing I need to do is fix my header picture. I know what I want but I just don't know how to do it. I like the picture I have (it really is my backyard!) and would like to keep it as a larger rectangle in the middle, but want to add two other pics I have on each edge, as squares. I don't have any photo editing software so I'm not sure how to go about this exactly. This is my next obsession...

Maybe then I can get some knitting done, huh?

3 comments:

Liz said...

Thanks for the shoutout. :) I love the layout! Not sure how to do the photo thing, but I do like the one you have up. Happy knitting!

smariek said...

Blogging is always a WIP and I end up spending hours just tweaking or typing up a seemingly simple blog post. I sometimes think the nonbloggers are smarter cuz they have more time for knitting.

erika~ the inspired mama said...

great news, you won the blog makeover GiVeAwAy from my blog!! YaY!! please shoot me a message with your e-mail address so i can get you in touch with summer :)

ThAnKs for entering~ i can't wait to visit your new blog!
xo,
erika
InspiredMama(at)msn.com