Saturday, February 7, 2009

Commitment issues

This happens to me every time I finish a project. I can't decide what to make next. It's not that I don't have a few things in mind, it's just that I can't seem to commit. I only knit for such a short time each day so I guess that I want is...
I want a project that will be fun.
I want a project that will be exciting.
I want a project that will be challenging.
I want a project that will make me stop hoarding my yarn!
BINGO! We have a winner.
Yup, there it is folks. Why is it so hard to pull a yarn out of storage and commit it to a project? It's certainly not doing any good sitting in the bin in the back room. I mean, it is lovely and nice to look inside and see all the pretty colors pooled together. But it's not like the bins are going to get together one day and say "Hey, look what we decided to make for you today!". No, the only way something is going to get knit is if I go and do it myself. I have to bite the bullet and pick a yarn, or two, or three, pick a project, stick them together and just do it.
Oh, this all sounds so great and self-helpy. I hope I can really do it.
But not yet, I have some curtains to make for a certain 12 year old niece first.

1 comment:

inkberryblue said...

I only work on projects I really like too, so it also takes me a long time to decide on the pattern and the yarn...and I love the process of getting it just right! =]