Monday, May 25, 2009

Two new projects

Right now you are looking around befuddled. It looks like the same blog. Yup, picket fence, green grass, but how could that be? Did she just say "two new projects"?

Yes, your ever faithful monogamous knitter is doing a little two timing. On purpose.


See, the last time I went to ladies night, I brought my sage cabled purse to show off. Well, my two girlfriends just loved it and wanted their own. And they weren't just doing me lip service either, since Pat practically pulled out money right there and then. Plus, she had already said that she wanted a summer color bag. The other one I had made for her was her winter bag. So, I am adjusting the pattern ever so slightly, and trying to work on them "at the same time". I can't really show up to our next gathering with one done and the other one not, can I?

The blue one is much further along and the sit-down-at-night-keeping-track-of-your-cable-row project. (Yes, that's the cable needle necklace I won. More on that next post, I promise!) The tan one is the outside-in-the-backyard-while-kidsters-play project. It tends to get put down a lot. I'm lucky if I can finish a row before I am needed to attend to bug catching, swing pushing, hole digging, or other boyish adventure. So it may end up that one gets done before the other one anyway.I haven't told the blue one about the tan one, or vice versa. I wouldn't want either one of them to feel slighted. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

How are you liking the cable needle necklace so far? Hugs Darcy

Heather at Mad Rose Creations said...

Ooo the cable needle necklace makes your knitting even prettier. And don't worry your secret's safe with us. We won't tell the blue one about the tan. Altho I must say I'm a lousy liar. So...if either of them asking me out right...I'm just sayin'

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

I have a special award for you on my blog:)Hugs Darcy